Saturday, August 8, 2015

Top 10 Reasons to Hate Belgium




Travelers beware, to continue the introduction on Belgium I feel the need to explain more about all the reasons to avoid the country and instead choose a place with lower suicide rates, crazy corporations and more notable accomplishments. While hate is not the right word to describe the common resentment of Belgium it summarizes the frustration many have towards the ridiculousness of many parts of the country.



10. Belgian Architecture  

http://resourcemagonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fpudamunvpv5hxejln5y.jpg

Photo by Giovanni Troilo
Just look at the exposition Charleroi from Giovanni Troilo. This photo that won the world pressure reward, but later taken back featured the ugliness of Belgium, it the caused many problems due to it being received badly. Charleroi has been voted the ugliest place on earth.The prize was taken back due to being an accurate depiction, while many pictures did stem from Charleroi. Some post pictures of the houses: http://uglybelgianhouses.tumblr.com

9. Belgian Sprouts, among other creepy stuff

http://www.viewamerica.net/fotobel/bru12_pis.jpg
For unknown reasons Belgium appreciate strange cuisine and awkward monuments I dont know if their national monument Manneken Pis would be legal in many countries. 

8. Having the world record in being without government

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/2/18/1298037393774/belgium-friet-revolution-007.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=9ecc840334026c11dcfb19b5ff5a1e77
Having had 589 days without a government Belgium has  made it into the Guinness book of records for country that went the longest without a government. During a long time due to the issues between the French and Dutch speaking parts they decided to go without a chosen government. The people didn't rebel they didn't care or no, they had a fries revolution after about 250 days. What do you do when you don't have a government?
 Eat French Fries in Belgium the French fries keep them unites. The lack of government caused plenty of problems but they just ate more fries


7.  Voted the most boring place on earth  


http://r7.llb.be/image/d7/54f782cc3570c8b9526bd8d7.jpg
Photo by Giovanni Troilo
Brussels voted the most Boring place on earth. I don't think Manneke Pis helps out make it more likeable. There are few interesting sites and many to ignore. Colin Farrell in the movie "In Bruges": "If I grew up on a farm and was retarded Brusges might impress me, but I didn't so it does not"


6.  Tin Tin and the Smurfs

 

No need to explain... But still l will hightlight the reality that racism is very normal in Belgium and it is often led by populist politicians. Here's the Top 10 for most racist moments in Tin Tin, the Smurfs just suck.

5.  Belgian Chocolate and the Child labor

http://thescope.ca/photos/feb0107/bitter-chocolate-COVER.jpg
Belgian chocolate is their supposed famed object, yet the cooa comes from other countries, mainly throughout Africa.

 Top 5 Cocoa producing countries: 

Country
% of World Total
1 Cote d Ivoire
33.8%
2 Indonesia
15.4%
3 Ghana
15.2%
4 Nigeria
8.7%
5Cameroon
5.9% 



4.  Suicide Rates

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/96/36/6d/96366d29e1c5d84b6ba15b3d1acb41a2.jpg
Photo by Giovanni Troilo
5th Highest in the EU and endorsement of early Euthanasia. Currently in 2015 in Belgium there are even attempts to let there be earlier Euthanasia for people withe mental illness in Belgium. Apparently their issues are so severe there is the need to end it all.
  
 3. Blood Diamonds
 
In Belgium they actively have a diamond extraction and distribution making because 90% of world diamonds are traded through Belgium therefore there are Blood Diamonds, many traveling through Belgium.



2.  Racism and constant conflicts between the French and Dutch speaking

https://dependoneoporbelgium.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/bart_de_wever_di_rupo_fin_des_moules_frites.jpg

The story behind the conflict of government is the fact that the French Wallonian and Flemish people do not get along. If they already have this many issues among nationals you can imagine how they feel about migrants.

1.  Leopold II - killed 10-15 million people in Congo


Type in any search engine on planet earth the top 10 most evil men and Leopold the king is in it. There is a good reason for why he is always mentioned as being pure evil. In the end of the 19th century and begin 20th killed and trampled over millions of people in Congo and they hid it. It is not an active part of history and there are still statues in different parts of the country. See it as a Germany where Hitler is considered a good guy.

34 comments:

  1. You are so right!! It is unbelievable how unfriendly and barbaric they are. Travelled there for business. Never again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it seems like that, because of cultural difference? I'm sure if you get to know (the right) Belgians, you'll realize they're not that unfriendly or barbaric. By the way, it's kind of rude/short-sighted to say that of a whole country's population?

      Delete
    2. I live in belgium and i can say that there are to much racist. They always complain about the migrants, that they took over there country. (it's mostly in flanders)

      Delete
    3. true (•ー•)..
      (i live there)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god I also hate belgium!!! Living here for 13 years and it is getting even worse as years go by...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could move if you don't like it...

      Delete
    2. Making money in belgium is stupidly hard, taxation is ridiculous and that's not even mentioning how hard it is to actually get out.

      Delete
    3. @JM18 maybe u should shut the fuck up bc everyone here in the comments hates belgium and you should consider it too. If you still like belgium now during corona than you can get out as much as you want to but if you catch the mf virus dont come after me cause i knew all along that belgium is bad news and i will say this effortlessnes (idk how to spell it) that this country is the most annoying and boring and stupid cauntry is. This isnt even a functioning country like how can you still like belgium im confuzed by your whole comment

      Delete
  4. Somebody PLEASE SEND HELP!!! I've been trapped in this goddamm country for 13 fucking years now. Someone GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE I BEG OF YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't. I got stranded here a mere 10 months ago when my passport and my. money got stolen and my wallet, then I subsequently got raped because I was "on the streets." And the idiot who did THAT is still waddling the earth free and clear because he's telling the idiot country that we're "companions" and even told my Embassy not to help me with an Emergency Travel Document so I couldn't "leave without him." Which they're doing. Refusing to issue me anything even a Certificate of Identity. Nothing. Well that's because THEY too are idiots. I came here to VISIT and they insist on seeing "residence" identification before they'll issue me an Emergency Travel Document to go HOME. So it's not just Belgians who are the biggest idiots in the world but Irish Embassy employees stationed here too!!
      I've gotten myself into "deportable" status just by being here so long "without papers" and even going to Fedasil and IOM for "voluntary removal." And even THEY can't do it. Can't get past that Northern Ireland is the UK and that makes me British so for that they're refusing to send me "to the UK" because they think I want to "immigrate" to the UK. I'm filing racism and stupidity lawsuits with every international human rights organisation I can find, meanwhile still STUCK here which apparently was what the Irish Embassy and the Rapist wanted all along. Me here so long that I'm - well not "resident" because "illegally resident" isn't legal. Stranded. Marooned. Like trying to get off of "Gilligan's Island." This is like trying to get out of Azkhaban.

      Delete
  5. I really don't like Belgium, why is EU Headquarters set in Brussels shouldn't it be in France or somewhere else? What is Belgium known for except the genocide they did in Free Congo State or the fact they were caught using child labor in Africa to make their so-called "best" Belgian chocolates. Gives me shivers every time I think about it, the very same Africans these Belgians were brutally killing along with their ignorant king. How can such a useless, small Belgium be considered a country? I went there for vacation and it is the most boring place on planet Earth, it's people are snobbish even though they're useless, haven't done anything worth respecting. These Belgians betrayed the French and allied forces and gave Nazis entry to go through and attack France while the French soldiers were busy fighting at the borders, not knowing the useless Belgians have back-stabbed the Allied forces. Belgium is basically a bunch of different groups of people all speaking different languages stuck in the same place wanting to be a part of a different, better place. I really hate those Dutch speaking Flanders, worst people to come to existence on planet Earth. The news on Belgium is covered with scandals on pedophilia with rampant numbers of elite also involved in it. Someone do a favor and make this country irrelevant, look at the map and see Belgium and just think, why the hell should such a small country with a confused population of people who are obviously not Natives but of foreign ancestry given important in EU? Someone please write a proper article on some famous news organization and put a end to this corrupt country, such a country should NOT be even given any importance, the people are over-snobbish and deserve to be taught their place. Please USA do this and I will swear complete allegiance to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Belgian I'm really wondering where you come from.
      First of all, you talk about nazis but hate on Belgium instead of Germany?
      You generalize all of the Belgian citizens because of what the second king of Belgium did in Congo ? (don't forget, Congo was private domain of Leopold II, which btw was son of a German who got appointed to be king of Belgium) " Saksen-Coburg en Gotha" is from the German Dynasty"
      Above on that Belgium got created to be a buffer between the power nations "The Netherlands and France" by other European countries.
      I can go on... The thing is, the reason noone took you seriously when you came here on vacation was because of your lack of education. (well that's my assumption though) hence you hate us Belgians so much.

      We? nah I ain't gonna say we. Our ancestors fought very bravely during WWI against the Germans so they couldn't pass freely towards France.... Ain't that ironic?

      I as an individual person harbor no hate towards persons based on where they're from. Because a person became that person due his genes, culture and experience.
      And who you're is what makes me decide whether I like you or not.

      And I personally consider you as a narrow minded person, that's my honest opinion.

      Nous parlons en plusieurs de languages parce que nous avons une education magnifique et si vous voulez je peux continuer de parler en Allemand. Den sie sagst wir sprechen mehrerhe sprachen in eine kleine Land.

      Groetjes een Vlaming ;-)

      Delete
    2. He's probably american and just forgot about the whole "native-american" thing ^^

      Delete
    3. I live in Belgium but I'm Brazilian. I hate Belgium and the Belgians themselves sit in cold-blooded people. Belgium is not a very social country. They only enjoy their own series and drawings and movies, if we can call it movies, Belgian culture is a piece of shit their music sucks and all those cartoon films and series are a whole piece of shit When I grow up I want to leave for the U.S. They don't know Animes and not only a few who watch Netflix.

      Delete
    4. hmm maby Belgium isn't the best place to live but if you look one second to judge us we could do the same about another country France very bloody history if you ask me the decapitaded almost all of their kings & queens! Oh and their famous city Paris.... its maby a little bit contaminated. look at the UK very possesive if you ask me how mutch people they killed during their reing of the world? TOO MUTCH!
      oh and don't get me started about the USA you know there used to be Indians there you know?
      they dissapeared for a reason. so SHUT THE F*** UP ABOUT BELGIUM THANK OF US THERE US A EU YOU STUPID IDIOT.
      whith very good regards
      a Flemish

      Delete
  6. Now I must agree Belgium is quite boring and the government simply sucks. I also ? I plan on moving out after my studies. But what? I do not know who you people have met but I am not snobbish or barbaric. I am friendly to all except those who are disrespectful to me or my family. And not all Flemish people is racist, I for instance am not. And we do deserve respect. Yes Leopold II was bad, but that doesn't define all of us. I am very sorry you think about Belgian inhabitants this way, and must any of you meet me or the people I know I will prove we ARE normal, friendly people who DO deserve respect just as any of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belgians are not human but animals

      Delete
    2. As for the idea that the Flemish are more racist, at this point that would probably be in my better interest because it would be the Flemish police who would do the deportations of, after all, anyone "black" they found here in their country "without papers." And since I'm born in the UK they'd HAVE to send me there and none of this ridiculous nonsense of me being here a YEAR with everyone going "where you from, where you from, where you from" AFTER I tell them I was born in the UK. This idiotic hellhole thinks I'm "African" and just "trying to get in to the UK" and not BORN THERE and came here for a VISIT and got STUCK here and want to go HOME. I'm so tired of the daily constant racism that I'm ready to just start slugging people and hope that gets me deported! I mean I'm not Stage 3 Hypertension Stroke Factor for NO reason!!!

      Delete
  7. Omg I hate this place aswell! After 11 years I don't even have 1 Belgian friend. All my friends are from all kinds of places but Belgium and they hate the Belgian aswel. Passive and active rascism are so present on our daily lives we just learn to ignore it but omg, It's too much!

    Anyone up for starting a support group for people who hate Belgium?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate Belgium too. I was almost born here not by choice and had to deal with racism for 14 years because I'm french. this country sucks its tax system is not even worth it idk why my family moved here in the first place. belgian people are the most annoying and boring ever. all my friends were not belgian, they were at least half. no joke.

      Delete
    2. Try being half-Black and "Northern Irish" and get stranded here with all your money and your passport stolen and see how fast you hate the entire Continent. Everyone thinks I'm an African "asylum-seeker" who just WANTS to GO to the UK not someone who was BORN THERE and wants to go HOME. Every single day I want to kill someone for saying racist shit like that. That's basically why I can't get "repatriated" by anything that passes for a Belgian "charity" like Germany finally started to. The Germans are at least more willing to send you back to where you're from even if you have to show them the birth certificate. The Belgians? It's no, you're black you COULDN"T possibly be really FROM the UK. So you just stay here in our shelters and needing heart medication and getting sicker and sicker and just have another Stroke we'll "not understand" why you want to kill yourself? This is shit. This is Dumbfuckistan.

      Delete
    3. No, how do you LEAVE this shithole?? I can't swim. I'm contemplating trying to push my suitcases and WALK up to the Netherlands so they WILL send me home. Or back into Germany so their Polizei can do what they're supposed to do for the "deportable" whom Belgium simply won't send home. Problem is. Home is the UK. I was born there. I have my birth certificate and my old expired passport number. But I'm "black" so they assume I'm some African trying to "immigrate TO" the UK and won't do it. This is Dumbfuckistan. How do you get OUT? Swim for it and drown?? Try to catch the Eurostar after it's already taken off by chasing it down the platform like they do on "Divergent"?? HOW???

      Delete
  8. Took 5 years of living abroad in different countries to realize that Belgium is heaven on Earth. Friendly people, good food(bit pricey though) and great standard of living. Haters gonna hate. Greetings from Antwerp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an idiot. Either that or you're from someplace far, far worse. I was born in the UK and grew up in Canada. Anyone who likes it here is an idiot, pure and simple. Or you have NO standards. And no education. And no self-esteem.

      Delete
    2. best V.......... i'm a bit tired of stupid people who think it's good to judge people because where they live. If you call us stupid or having no standards JUST SHUT UP.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belgian trolls vs Belgian residents commenting about a country where people are respectful and friendly
    Yeah high prices and racism is bad but every country has the same problems..
    And mister unknown let me break your fucking skull in two looser I go bomb your whole retarded family too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure and the Belgians think they're not being racist. They really truly believe that ALL black people are from Africa, there are NONE of us from the UK or Canada, so I must be lying and I must be an asylum-seeker and not a stranded visitor.

      That's why this is Dumbfuckistan. I even told Belgian "immigration" that they HAD to send me home and they refused. That is against international law, by the way. And the EU Commission and the UN are refusing to answer.

      Delete
    2. Best Veronica if belgium would go against inaternational law somewane would notice or please REPORT THIS TO PROPER AUTHORITIES!!! And other go to your ambassy than you are safe in your country.

      Delete